I woke up at 6. Went running up the big hill behind my bungalow along this path:
to admire this view:
about 730am, after showering, I'm hanging my running clothes on the line on the back patio, where my laundry has been hanging since Sunday, always getting rained on before I have a chance to take it in dry. I included my fingers to show that, despite increasing callous, they are still no match for two weeks laundry at a time. It's okay, though, they'll heal before I have to do laundry again.
about 830 I'm sitting at my desk, checking email, the nytimes online, and facebook (of which I'm now, guiltily, an avid user).
930, after starting this blog, I'm off to talk with my health coordinator about what there is to do today. I get lectured for giving a memo to the District Coordinating Executive (something like the Governor) yesterday without running it by my Health Coordinator and the Cluster Coordinator, both of whom, obviously, were not in the office yesterday and therefore were of little help when the DCE requested that I produce it for him that afternoon.
1030. Writing an addendum memo to follow up the one I was just lectured about, and drafting a Recipe/Instruction sheet for the production of a simple porridge to be used by our Community Health Workers for the rehabilitation of mild and moderate malnutrition.
11:20: Snack: Nkatie and Kwadu (peanuts and bananas) sold for a few cents from atop a villager's head this morning
1230: working on this month's medication and supply requisitions
130: standing on the front porch of the office, drinking a sachet of water, watching some guy bend Rebar for the construction going on next door. The building across the way is the District Assembly.
All the computers here are full of viruses. Noone seems to have learned basic computer hygiene yet, such as - don't install everything that pops up on your screen from the internet. Anyway. at 230, I was trying to install new AntiVirus software on an office computer that keeps infecting my pen drive with viruses. Thank god for Macs.
just after 330 two of my Health Facilitators came to visit. They dropped off some off the Clinic's monthly requisition forms and picked up some monthly data sheets which they'll fill out shortly. Owusu is on the left, Godfred on the right.
530: Driving home to take in my laundry, eat and putz.
630: Dinner and a movie. I realize it looks a bit suspect from this distance, but actually, tonight's bean stew concoction was one of my better showings
730: packing medications for tomorrow's Medical Outreach Clinic.
830: Classic timing! Back in the office. Electricity goes out as I take the photo. My laptop, left: logging tomorrow's outreach drugs. Desktop, right: why can't I get the viruses off this computer!?
930: why am i still here?
1030: ahhhhhhhhh
No comments:
Post a Comment