I'm afraid not too much has been going on. Well not much that's particularly interesting, anyway.
I was in Kumasi last week for the ongoing HIV/AIDS counseling/testing training we're giving to our health staff. We're staying in a fairly budget hotel (even by my standards -- which is to say, I'm okay there, but even the Ghanaians are complaining), and the amusing sign you see in the last blog post is located above every toilet in the shared bathrooms.
I'm in the office now, but I'll be back in Kumasi this week for the second half of the training.
Let's see. Other news. I road my first Ghanaian Motorcycle this week, and, unfortunately, the lure of personal transport in a place where you can't count on anyone to do anything quickly is so great that I suspect I'll be riding more frequently soon. The project has a number of bikes, each somewhat apportioned to a specific person but often shared. And don't worry Mom and Dad. Most of the cars here are just as dangerous as your average motorcycle. Does that help?
Thought so.
In other news, I changed my flight ticket. I'll be flying into JFK on December 18th. Then I'll be heading up to Maine for the holidays and back down for some time in NYC and Baltimore before heading off to a new Millennium Villages Site (specifics still to be decided).
Some of you were present at the spectacle that was All-you-can-drink-Chinese-Food and Bull-Riding in Madison Square Garden in honor of my last birthday. Well. My father, the bull-riding aficionado, and always the planner, has already pointed out that the PBR (the Professional Bull-Riders Association, obviously) will be in the Garden again in my honor. So. January 5th bullriding? Anyone?
huh? huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bullriding in January? Wow, I *so* want to attend! Oooh! Oooh! Pick me! Pick me!
Post a Comment